Online Education for New Employees Scroll down for date order and registration.
Brought to you by the Managing Education Resource Group (MERG) in conjunction with PIA of Wisconsin, Inc. For more information on curriculum and all course processes contact Sue Radwan at 517-256-4786 or
Employees log on to the course each week. There’s no travel, no interruption to daily agency activity and, most importantly, no time out of the office! Your new employee can connect with other rookies, bounce questions off the facilitator and learn in manageable pieces in the comfort of their home or office.
A 30 minute self-managed process, during the week prior to start date, will familiarize the student with the online campus. Staff are available to assure you are ready to go on the following Monday. Time to complete the courses are three hours weekly.
Time online is less than one hour a week. Work can be completed off-line, then pasted online. Supervisors can access weekly progress reports.
New Agency Employee Orientation
If you have a new employee on board or are planning a new hire, this course is for you! This 7 week program is designed for unlicensed employees with less than 12 months experience in the agency.
Your New Employee Will:
- Build a foundation of knowledge about insurance.
- Explore the big picture of insurance, including terms and key concepts.
- Discover how the agency delivers service to customers.
- Learn the importance of E&O prevention techniques.
Delivering Quality Service
This 6 week course fills in gaps of knowledge & experience for your new employee!
- Quality Customer Service?
- Impeccable work habits?
- Errors/Omissions prevention procedures?
- Develop relationships through active listening.
- Take ownership of the customer’s problem.
- Speak positively in negative situations.
- Help confused or irate customers.
- Clarify expectations and confirm work plans.
- Minimize E&O risk through proper documentation and consistently following standard procedures in the agency.
- Explore the workflows within the agency’s system to create a “big picture” understanding of the tasks assigned.
Personal and Commercial Coverage Basics
Wk 1: Introduction to Property Insurance
Wk 2: Introduction to Liability Insurance
Wk 3: Dwelling Insurance
Wk 4: Homeowners Insurance
Wk 5: Personal Auto Insurance
Wk 6: Miscellaneous Personal Insurance
Wk 1: The Commercial Package Policy & the BOP
Wk 2: Commercial Property Insurance
Wk 3: Ocean & Inland Marine Insurance
Wk 4: Commercial General Liability Insurance
Wk 5: Commercial Auto Insurance
Wk 6: Commercial Crime Insurance
Wk 7: Workers Compensation
Wk 8: Miscellaneous Commercial Insurance
New Agency Employee Orientation - $265 PIA Member, $320 Non Member
Delivering Quality Service -$265 PIA Member, $320 Non Member
Personal Lines Coverage Basics - $285 PIA Member, $340 Non Member
Commercial Lines Coverage Basics - $295 PIA Member, $350 Non Member
|September 18, 2017|
|October 16, 2017|
|November 20, 2017|
|January 15, 2018|
|February 19, 2018|
|March 19, 2018|
|April 16, 2018|
|May 21, 2018|
|June 18, 2018|
|July 16, 2018|
|August 20, 2018|
|September 17, 2018|
|October 15, 2018|
|November 19, 2018|