Requirements: Agency must have at least one licensed P&C agent and represent at least one property/casualty company that operates on the independent agency system.
Dues: Based on total Staff size. Payable in full when joining. On May 1st when all dues are renewed, pro-rata credit will be given for any overpayment from the first year.
- Information Resources: PIA publications are your ticket to staying on top of issues and trends that can make or break your agency. Each agency will receive all state and national association mailings, each monthly issue of the “Wisconsin Professional Agent” magazine and special committee projects.
- Voting Rights: All licensed agents have a vote at the annual business meeting and are eligible for nomination to the Board of Directors.
- Top Education Programs: PIA's top-flight education programs build your knowledge, confidence, image and book of business. PIA of WI has built an educational system that is the envy of associations all over the country. CIC, CISR, E&O Prevention, Dynamics of Service, Young Professional Club, Automation seminars and others are sponsored frequently. Many of these have reduced fees for participants from member agencies.
- Cost-Saving Services: As a PIA member, you will receive big discounts on a growing selection of money-making products and services. PIA's collection contains the most up-to-date tools to help you and your agency reach your goals for greater success. PIA offers business tools, research studies and valuable insurance protection (E&O, Group Disability, AD&D, Hospital Income Plan).
- Personal Assistance: PIA has always been known as "The Insurance Association" because we give personal care and individual attention to our member agencies.
- Convention: The spectacular annual convention offers education, a huge trade fair, entertainment and a chance to visit and socialize with agents and company personnel.
- Legislative Representation: PIA works closely with legislators and regulators to protect your rights as an agent and small business owner. PIA of WI has one of the most respected lobbyists in the insurance industry, Ron Kuehn.
||30 & Over
Your agency would benefit by joining over 650 other member agencies in our continued effort to promote and preserve the independent agency system. When the membership application is accepted, a very complete membership packet will be sent from both the state and national associations. This includes a handsome PIA of Wisconsin wall/desk plaque.