Stability and Growth
The insurance industry offers job stability because people always need insurance. In states like Wisconsin, you must have insurance to drive a vehicle or purchase a house.
Insurance policies are one of the last things people cut during hard times, guaranteeing business. You can provide for your family, have a nice
home, opportunities to travel and more. One of the best parts is that you help people when they need it most.
- When disaster strikes, you’re there.
- You help restore lives by caring and making things right.
- You give back to your community
Virtually Any Major Can Work in the Insurance Industry
- IT and more!
Salary Ranges for Insurance
Positions in Wisconsin
|Agency Sales Manager||$60,000-$193,000|
|Commercial Lines Placement Specialist||$40,000-$48,000|
|Agency Producer (3-5+ years’ experience)||$38,000-$68,000|
|Agency Producer (starting)||$25,000-$35,000|
|Senior CSR (5+ years’ experience)||$36,000-$60,000|
|Customer Service Representative CSR)*||$20,000-$28,000|
|Senior Claims Representative||$45,000-$70,000|
|Vice President of Marketing||$85,000-$125,000|
|Social Media Manager||$30,000-$50,000|
|Web Experience Specialist||$52,000-$60,000|
|Help Desk Analyst*||$35,000-$50,000|
|Senior Return to Work Specialist||$65,000-$80,000|
|Return to Work Specialist||$58,000-$62,000|
|Risk Control Manager||$95,000-$125,000|
|Risk Control Specialist||$85,000-$95,000|
This information is provided as a guideline only by the Professional Insurance Agents of Wisconsin.
* Entry level, no degree required.
Learn More About the Insurance Industry
- Be an Actuary
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Wisconsin Career Pathways
- Wisconsin’s Worknet
- Madison Area Technical College - Risk Management
- Wisconsin School of Business - Actuarial Science, Risk Management and Insurance
Quick Facts About Working in Risk Management and Insurance
- More than 70,000 people in Wisconsin are employed in the industry.
- The average wage is $66,000, nearly 70% above the Wisconsin wage average.
- Incomes in the six figures are common.
Scholarships Are Available
The Professional Insurance Agents of Wisconsin, an association that represents more than 600 independent insurance agencies, offers scholarships to high school and college students pursuing degrees related to insurance. The PIA of Wisconsin distributes thousands of dollars in scholarships every year. Learn more about the PIA Past Presidents Scholarship and the Young Professional Club Scholarship.